Super Saturdays at the ISM! -- Illinois State Museum, Springfield
Bring the Whole Family to Super Saturdays in APFD!
Super Saturdays offer free, thematic activites each month in A Place for Discovery. Held on the second Saturday of each month, Super Saturdays are especially recommended for children ages 4-8.
Activities are ongoing from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, take 30 to 45 minutes to complete, and feature take-home crafts. Parents and families are encouraged to participate. Registration is not required for this activity.
For more information on Super Saturdays, call the Education Section at (217) 782-6044.
Sometimes our staff develops fun hand outs for these events, and now you can download them (in PDF format) to your own computer.
- Amazing Architecture
- Illinois has some of the most beautiful (and tallest!) architecture in the U.S. Learn about skyscrapers, architects, and different styles of buildings.
- Marvelous Modern Art
- Pop? Minimalist? Abstract? Have you ever wondered what these are terms mean? Learn about some of the artists behind these great periods of American art.
- Making an Impression
- What are the differences between Monet and Manet? Who were George Seurat and Mary Cassatt?
Please note that event dates are subject to change.
- Super Saturdays at the Museum: Super Saturdays at the Museum: Spineless
- Illinois State Museum, Springfield
Saturday, July 11, 2015, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Did you know that over 1.3 million different species on the Earth are invertebrates? Come to the Illinois State Museum on July 11th from 11AM to 3PM to discover these spineless wonders. Find out more ...
To confirm dates, please call the appropriate site.