The Illinois State Museum has an active publishing program that serves a wide audience, from scholars and researchers to the general public. Among our public ations are:
NEW! You can now purchase our publications online.
- Nontechnical, popular-science books on natural history, archaeology, and anthropology
- Handbooks of collections that provide descriptive accounts of the ISM collections
- Scientific, monograph-length reports of Museum-sponsored/related projects, of interest to scholars, students, and researchers
- Exhibition catalogs featuring both images and narratives of artwork produced primarily by Illinois artists
- General-interest books about the history, decorative arts, and material culture of Illinois and other titles that reflect the scope of our research and collections ranging from botany, zoology, geology, and paleontology to anthropology
- Educational posters, brochures, and schedules of upcoming Museum events, activities, and programs
To request a catalog of our publications contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Museum also publishes The Living Museum, a free quarterly magazine focusing on current topics in research and collections. If you are interested in subscribing to The Living Museum, please contact: email@example.com
You may also browse the ISM Publications shop.
You may download an electronic version of Indian Villages of the Illinois Country, by Wayne C. Temple in PDF format.