The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum - ISM Springfield
The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum
Come to the Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum!
The Play Museum is a free children's area at the Illinois State Museum-Springfield. Load a jeep; crawl through a cave; dig for fossils; put together a baby mastodont puzzle; frame art; explore collections of fossils, insects, artifacts; and toys; and play museum! The Play Museum is designed for children ages 3-10 and their families. Hours are Monday-Saturday (9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) and Sunday (1:00 to 5:00 p.m.).
Play Museum Hours: (different than the regular Museum hours)
Monday - Saturday 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- No food, beverages, gum or candy are allowed in the Play Museum.
- Please park your strollers outside the Play Museum.
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- Children must be accompanied by a caregiver over 16 years old.
Learn about other exhibitions currently at the Illinois State Museum, Springfield.