The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum - ISM Springfield
The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum
Come to the Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum!
The Play Museum is a free children's area at the Illinois State Museum-Springfield. Load a jeep; crawl through a cave; dig for fossils; put together a baby mastodont puzzle; frame art; explore collections of fossils, insects, artifacts; and toys; and play museum! The Play Museum is designed for children ages 3-10 and their families. Hours are Tuesday-Saturday (10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) and Sunday (1:00 to 4:30 p.m.) Closed Monday.
Play Museum Hours: (different than the regular Museum hours)
Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Closed Monday)
Sunday 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- No food, beverages, gum or candy are allowed in the Play Museum.
- Please park your strollers outside the Play Museum.
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- Children must be accompanied by a caregiver over 16 years old.
Learn about other exhibitions currently at the Illinois State Museum, Springfield.