Current Exhibits - ISM Springfield
- Changes: Dynamic Illinois Environments
- Did you know that Illinois was once located south of the Equator? Or that Illinois was once a tropical sea teeming with marine life? Ever wonder what life was like in Illinois millions of years ago? Changes: Dynamic Illinois Environments allows visitors to travel into the past to see how Illinois has changed and how it continues to change today. Find out more ...
- At Home in the Heartland
- Listen to the stories of real people who lived in Illinois. Immerse yourself in the dramatic changes in household life over the past 300 years. Find out more ...
- Peoples of the Past
- Life-sized dioramas and finely crafted artifacts bring to life Illinois' rich Native American heritage. Find out more ...
- Anthropology Exhibit
- These case exhibits focus on archaeological and ethnographic topics and artifacts such as Native American pottery, basketry, weavings, weapons, and tools. Find out more ...
- The Morton D. Barker Paperweight Collection
Over the course of twenty years, Morton D. Barker (1888-1967) of Springfield, Illinois, amassed a large and prestigious collection of paperweights, most of which were created in post-Napoleonic era France. Find out more ...
- The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum
- The Play Museum is a free children's area at the Illinois State Museum-Springfield. Hours are Tuesday-Saturday (10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) and Sunday (1:00 to 4:30 p.m.) Closed Monday. Find out more ...
The next changing exhibit has not yet been scheduled, please check back.
- Spectrum: Selections from Fine and Decorative Arts -- July 02, 2016 to January 22, 2017
Illinois State Museum
Second Floor Art Galleries
The Spectrum exhibition features a sampling of the broad range of art and artifacts found in the Illinois State Museum’s collections of fine and decorative art. Find out more ...
Currently on exhibit at the Illinois State Museum, Springfield from July 02, 2016 to January 22, 2017
Please note that exhibit dates are subject to change.
To confirm dates, please call the appropriate site.