Current Exhibits - ISM Springfield
- Changes: Dynamic Illinois Environments
- Did you know that Illinois was once located south of the Equator? Or that Illinois was once a tropical sea teeming with marine life? Ever wonder what life was like in Illinois millions of years ago? Changes: Dynamic Illinois Environments allows visitors to travel into the past to see how Illinois has changed and how it continues to change today. Find out more ...
- At Home in the Heartland
- Listen to the stories of real people who lived in Illinois. Immerse yourself in the dramatic changes in household life over the past 300 years. Find out more ...
- Peoples of the Past
- Life-sized dioramas and finely crafted artifacts bring to life Illinois' rich Native American heritage. Find out more ...
- Anthropology Exhibit
- These case exhibits focus on archaeological and ethnographic topics and artifacts such as Native American pottery, basketry, weavings, weapons, and tools. Find out more ...
- The Morton D. Barker Paperweight Collection
Over the course of twenty years, Morton D. Barker (1888-1967) of Springfield, Illinois, amassed a large and prestigious collection of paperweights, most of which were created in post-Napoleonic era France. Find out more ...
- The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw Find out more ...
The next changing exhibit has not yet been scheduled, please check back.
- Civil War Quilters: Loyal Hearts of Illinois -- February 03, 2013 to September 08, 2013
With equal vigor of the enlisting Union soldiers, loyal Illinois women organized to support soldiers on the field and in the hospital, as they braced themselves for the changes in family and community life that the war would bring.
This exhibition features quilts, Civil War military supplies and weapons, a regimental drum, household artifacts and stories of women’s work and struggles during the Civil War.
CLICK to Press Release for more information. Find out more ...
Currently on exhibit at the Illinois State Museum, Springfield from February 03, 2013 to September 08, 2013
Please note that exhibit dates are subject to change.
To confirm dates, please call the appropriate site.