Current Exhibits - ISM Dickson Mounds Museum
- The River Valley Gallery
- The River Valley Gallery explores the character of the Illinois River and traces the interaction between the river and the people who lived along it from the end of the Ice Age to the present day. Find out more ...
- People of the Valley
- People of the Valley portrays a sequence of cultures -- from Ice-Age hunters to the tribal groups that left Illinois in the 19th century -- through artifacts, murals, photographs, and exciting hands-on exhibits. Find out more ...
- Reflections on Three Worlds
- Reflections on Three Worlds reveals the world of Mississippian people whose 800-year-old sites surround the museum today. The exhibits depict the complex life and culture of these people, trace in detail the evidence of archaeology, and lead to a spectacular multimedia event that takes one through a kaleidoscope of sights, sounds, symbols, music and voices of the three worlds of Mississippian belief.rn Find out more ...
- Eveland Village
- The Museum Grounds - 230 acres that include a scenic picnic area and playground, and the Eveland Village, where the excavated remains of three early Indian buildings are preserved for viewing. Find out more ...
The next changing exhibit has not yet been scheduled, please check back.
- From Humble Beginnings: Lincoln's Illinois 1830-1861 -- January 01, 2013 to December 30, 2013
- To commemorate the bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln's birth the Illinois State Museum presents a captivating perspective of the Illinois Lincoln called home through objects and stories of the people who lived here. Find out more ...
Currently on exhibit at the ISM Dickson Mounds Museum from January 01, 2013 to December 30, 2013
Please note that exhibit dates are subject to change.
To confirm dates, please call the appropriate site.