Press Room -- Illinois State Museum, Springfield
Play Museum Teacher Kits posted August 28, 2014
For More Information Contact: Kara Fedje firstname.lastname@example.org
PRESS RELEASE: Illinois State Museum, Springfield, August 27, 2014
ANNOUNCING: A new, exciting resource for teachers from the Illinois State Museum!Thanks to a grant from the Susan Cook House Educational Trust, The Illinois State Museum is now able to offer Play Museum Outreach Kits. Read more ...
Two New Exhibits Open at the Illinois State Museum posted June 20, 2014
ART+SCIENCETwo new exhibits are opening at the Illinois State Museum. Distress Calls: Birds of Illinois will be opening in the Hot Science Gallery in the Changes exhibition and A Rural Lens: Photographs of Frank Sadorus will be displayed in the newly unveiled temporary|PERMANENT gallery on the second floor. Read more ...
Visitors to the main museum in Springfield are treated to world renowned natural history exhibits and a wonderful view of the arts within and beyond Illinois' borders. Educational programs, films, and special events enhance the changing exhibitions. Admission is FREE.
For more information about Springfield, contact the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- 502 South Spring Street
Springfield, IL 62706-5000
- Mon- Sat 8:30AM-5:00PM; Sun. Noon-5:00PM; (Play Museum Mon.-Sat. 9:30AM-4:00PM, Sun 1:00-5:00PM) Museum Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Contact Information
- Telephone: (217)782-7386
- Free parking in the State Capitol Complex Visitors Center Lot one block west of the Museum. Metered street parking. Free parking on weekends in nearby State employee parking lots. Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Located at the corner of Spring and Edwards Streets, the ISM is in the Capitol Complex, just south of the State Capitol.
Location on MapQuest.
Location on Google Maps.
Museum Store: Monday-Saturday, 10AM - 5PM; Sunday, Noon - 5PM
Play Museum Hours: (different than the regular Museum hours)
Monday - Saturday 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Bus unloading and pickup is on westbound Edwards Street in front of the Museum. Bus parking is available in the Visitor Center Parking Area accessed by Edwards Street.
- A gift shop is available with a range of items for visitors of all ages.
- No food, beverages, gum or candy are allowed in the museum.
- Backpacks are not allowed in the galleries and strollers are not allowed in the Play Museum gallery.
- A coat room and wheelchairs are available for visitor use.
- Photographs may be taken in all areas except the Art Gallery (depending on the exhibition).
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- In addition to the items above, groups should check in with the receptionist upon arrival.
- Adult chaperones are required to stay with their youth groups at all times.
- Please bring at least one adult for every ten members of your youth group.