Press Room -- Illinois State Museum, Springfield
Bonnie Styles and Karen Witter Honored at National Museums Advocacy Day posted March 01, 2013
Illinois State Museum Recognized for Leadership in Making the Case for Museums in Washington and Beyond SPRINGFIELD ─ Illinois State Museum Director Dr. Read more ...
New Exhibition Examines the Civil War from a Woman's Point of View posted January 28, 2013
SPRINGFIELD — The Illinois State Museum's new exhibition presents a fresh perspective on the Civil War by uncovering the fascinating stories of Illinois women who rigorously supported their fathers, husbands, brothers, sons, and friends from the home front. Read more ...
- 502 South Spring Street
Springfield, IL 62706-5000
- Mon.- Sat. 8:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M.; Sun. Noon-5:00 P.M.; Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Contact Information
- Telephone: (217)782-7386
- Free parking in the State Capitol Complex Visitors Center Lot one block west of the Museum. Metered street parking. Free parking on weekends in nearby State employee parking lots. Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Located at the corner of Spring and Edwards Streets, the ISM is in the Capitol Complex, just south of the State Capitol.
Location on MapQuest.
Location on Google Maps.
Bus unloading and pickup is on westbound Edwards Street in front of the Museum. Bus parking is available in the Visitor Center Parking Area accessed by Edwards Street.
- A gift shop is available with a range of items for visitors of all ages.
- No food, beverages, gum or candy are allowed in the museum.
- Backpacks are not allowed in the galleries and strollers are not allowed in the Play Museum gallery.
- A coat room and wheelchairs are available for visitor use.
- Photographs may be taken in all areas except the Art Gallery (depending on the exhibition).
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- In addition to the items above, groups should check in with the receptionist upon arrival.
- Adult chaperones are required to stay with their youth groups at all times.
- Please bring at least one adult for every ten members of your youth group.