Press Room -- Illinois State Museum, Springfield
Pro-Text: When Words Enter Visual Art posted February 20, 2015
For more information contact:
Jennifer Snopko, firstname.lastname@example.orgRobert Sill, email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 20, 2015, Springfield, IL
Pro-Text: When Words Enter Visual Art
New Exhibition Opening at the Illinois State Museum Springfield Gallery. Read more ...
Visitors to the main museum in Springfield are treated to world renowned natural history exhibits and a wonderful view of the arts within and beyond Illinois' borders. Educational programs, films, and special events enhance the changing exhibitions. Admission is FREE.
For more information about Springfield, contact the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- 502 South Spring Street
Springfield, IL 62706-5000
- Mon- Sat 8:30AM-5:00PM; Sun. Noon-5:00PM; (Play Museum Mon.-Sat. 9:30AM-4:00PM, Sun 1:00-5:00PM) Museum Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Contact Information
- Telephone: (217)782-7386
- Free parking in the State Capitol Complex Visitors Center Lot one block west of the Museum. Metered street parking. Free parking on weekends in nearby State employee parking lots. Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Located at the corner of Spring and Edwards Streets, the ISM is in the Capitol Complex, just south of the State Capitol.
Location on MapQuest.
Location on Google Maps.
Museum Store: Monday-Saturday, 10AM - 5PM; Sunday, Noon - 5PM
Play Museum Hours: (different than the regular Museum hours)
Monday - Saturday 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Bus unloading and pickup is on westbound Edwards Street in front of the Museum. Bus parking is available in the Visitor Center Parking Area accessed by Edwards Street.
- A gift shop is available with a range of items for visitors of all ages.
- No food, beverages, gum or candy are allowed in the museum.
- Backpacks are not allowed in the galleries and strollers are not allowed in the Play Museum gallery.
- A coat room and wheelchairs are available for visitor use.
- Photographs may be taken in all areas except the Art Gallery (depending on the exhibition).
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- In addition to the items above, groups should check in with the receptionist upon arrival.
- Adult chaperones are required to stay with their youth groups at all times.
- Please bring at least one adult for every ten members of your youth group.