Press Room -- Illinois State Museum, Springfield
Food Drive sponsored by The Illinois Department of Natural Resources and the Illinois State Museum posted December 02, 2013
For More Information & Images Call:
Jennifer Snopko 217.782.5949
PRESS RELEASE: Illinois State Museum, Springfield
Share your good fortune this holiday season by contributing to a food drive sponsored by
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and the Illinois State Museum (ISM) to benefit the Central Illinois Foodbank.
Tuesday, Nov. Read more ...
"Winter Craft Day" Super Saturday at the Illinois State Museum posted November 21, 2013
Springfield, IL—The Illinois State Museum invites families to come make winter-themed art at this month’s Super Saturday, Winter Craft Day, on December 14th from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm. These crafts could make great gifts or decorations, but most importantly they will be a lot of fun to create! Read more ...
Kids' Night Out at the Illinois State Museum Means Time Off for Parents posted November 20, 2013
Springfield, IL—Parents can gain a little time off on December 6, thanks to the Illinois State Museum’s Kids’ Night Out program. Read more ...
Visitors to the main museum in Springfield are treated to world renowned natural history exhibits and a wonderful view of the arts within and beyond Illinois' borders. Educational programs, films, and special events enhance the changing exhibitions. Admission is FREE.For more information about Springfield, contact the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- 502 South Spring Street
Springfield, IL 62706-5000
- Mon.- Sat. 8:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M.; Sun. Noon-5:00 P.M.; Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Contact Information
- Telephone: (217)782-7386
- Free parking in the State Capitol Complex Visitors Center Lot one block west of the Museum. Metered street parking. Free parking on weekends in nearby State employee parking lots. Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Located at the corner of Spring and Edwards Streets, the ISM is in the Capitol Complex, just south of the State Capitol.
Location on MapQuest.
Location on Google Maps.
Bus unloading and pickup is on westbound Edwards Street in front of the Museum. Bus parking is available in the Visitor Center Parking Area accessed by Edwards Street.
- A gift shop is available with a range of items for visitors of all ages.
- No food, beverages, gum or candy are allowed in the museum.
- Backpacks are not allowed in the galleries and strollers are not allowed in the Play Museum gallery.
- A coat room and wheelchairs are available for visitor use.
- Photographs may be taken in all areas except the Art Gallery (depending on the exhibition).
- The Museum does not have food or eating facilities.
- All restrooms are accessible and include changing tables.
- In addition to the items above, groups should check in with the receptionist upon arrival.
- Adult chaperones are required to stay with their youth groups at all times.
- Please bring at least one adult for every ten members of your youth group.