Public Events -- Illinois Artisans & ISM Chicago Gallery
First Nations Film & Video Festival, Spring Program 2013
- Location: ISM Chicago Gallery, Chicago
- Date: Friday, April 12, 2013, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The Illinois State Museum Chicago Gallery presents a special viewing of the First Nations Film & Video Festival, Spring Program, 2013.
Film Programs starts with Short Films
- Urban Gatherers, short doc, directed by Lucas Rowley (Inupiaq)(4:00)
- Beautiful Warriors, music video, directed by Kirk Dapo & Dawn Karima (Cherokee)(1:40)
- Discovery Island, short film, directed by Steven Davies (Coast Salish)(9:55)
- Sunny Winter Day, short doc, directed by Valorie Hughes (Mohawk)(10:02)
- The Most Beautiful, short film directed by Rod Pocowachit (Comanche)(8:50)
- The Plan, short film directed by Rod Pocowachit (Comanche)(6:57)
- Once Upon a Time, short video, directed by Missy Whiteman (Kickapoo/Arapaho) (1:20)
- *Plastic Shopping Bag, short film, directed by Marcel Fayant (Canadian Metis)(9:00)
- *Bibi’s Catwalk, TV concept video, directed by Marcel Fayant (Canadian Metis)(18:00)
- *The Girlfriend, short film, directed by Rod Pocowachit (Comanche)(9:10)
TOTAL RUNNING TIME = 78:14
Feature Film at 1:30 pm
- Reel Injun (84 min) documentary, 2009 directed by Neil Diamond (Cree), Katherine Bainbridge & Jeremiah Hayes
This event is free and open to the public.
For more events at ISM Chicago Gallery.