Prepare for the Exhibit Opening
Preparing for an exhibit opening requires the teamwork of many people. Assign each of these roles to a
student (or let each choose a roll to play) and organize an opening for the classroom museum exhibit.
The public relations coordinator job may be split between two students if desired.
T U D E N T
O L E S
1) writes a press release and an advertisement for the exhibit, including all the perti-
nent facts (who, what, where, when).
2)The press release and ad are published via flyers or in the school newspaper.
1) designs the ad with text and artwork (clip art, drawings, photographs, etc.) on the
computer or by hand.
2) designs the reception invitation.
makes sure the spelling, grammar, and punctuation of the ad and invitation are cor-
1) prepares a program or presentation on the exhibit.
2) presents it for visitors.
1) writes text for invitations.
2) sends invitations to your audience members, especially the families of donors, the
press, and VIPs.
3) prepares for a reception. (The Development Director can supervise a catering
committee to provide refreshments, or parents can volunteer to do this.)
Don't forget to take photographs to record the reception and other events!
Building a Museum in Your Classroom