Geology Exhibits and Events
- Changes: Dynamic Illinois Environments
- Did you know that Illinois was once located south of the Equator? Or that Illinois was once a tropical sea teeming with marine life? Ever wonder what life was like in Illinois millions of years ago? Changes: Dynamic Illinois Environments allows visitors to travel into the past to see how Illinois has changed and how it continues to change today. Find out more ...
- The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum
- The Play Museum is a free children's area at the Illinois State Museum-Springfield. Hours are Monday-Saturday (9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) and Sunday (1:00 to 5:00 p.m.). Find out more ...
Please note that event dates are subject to change.
- Super Saturdays at the Museum: Far Out Rocks
- Illinois State Museum, Springfield
Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Explore the geology of space with specimens from the Museum's collection, games, and crafts.
Bring the whole family to Super Saturdays at the Illinois State Museum! Find out more ...
- Brown Bag Lecture Series
- ISM Research & Collections Center
Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Dr. Jeffery Saunders, Curator and Chair of Geology, Illinois State Museum, will present "A BESTIARY OF THE Beautiful-horned Wild Beast of the Low Hills AND OTHERS OF ITS ICE AGE COHORT IN ILLINOIS."
Weekly lectures held at the Museum's Research and Collections Center. Find out more ...
To confirm dates, please call the appropriate site.