Anthropology Exhibits and Events
- Anthropology Exhibit
- These case exhibits focus on archaeological and ethnographic topics and artifacts such as Native American pottery, basketry, weavings, weapons, and tools. Find out more ...
- Eveland Village
- The Museum Grounds - 230 acres that include a scenic picnic area and playground, and the Eveland Village, where the excavated remains of three early Indian buildings are preserved for viewing. Find out more ...
- People of the Valley
- People of the Valley portrays a sequence of cultures -- from Ice-Age hunters to the tribal groups that left Illinois in the 19th century -- through artifacts, murals, photographs, and exciting hands-on exhibits. Find out more ...
- Peoples of the Past
- Life-sized dioramas and finely crafted artifacts bring to life Illinois' rich Native American heritage. Find out more ...
- Reflections on Three Worlds
- Reflections on Three Worlds reveals the world of Mississippian people whose 800-year-old sites surround the museum today. The exhibits depict the complex life and culture of these people, trace in detail the evidence of archaeology, and lead to a spectacular multimedia event that takes one through a kaleidoscope of sights, sounds, symbols, music and voices of the three worlds of Mississippian belief.rn Find out more ...
- The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum
- The Play Museum is a free children's area at the Illinois State Museum-Springfield. Hours are Monday-Saturday (9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) and Sunday (1:00 to 5:00 p.m.). Find out more ...
- The River Valley Gallery
- The River Valley Gallery explores the character of the Illinois River and traces the interaction between the river and the people who lived along it from the end of the Ice Age to the present day. Find out more ...
Please note that event dates are subject to change.
- Illinois Valley Archaeological Society Lecture: An Ancient Cemetery on Kingfisher Hill
- ISM Dickson Mounds Museum
Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Michael Wiant will present a talk titled: “An Ancient Cemetery on Kingfisher Hill” at the Wednesday, February 4, 2015 meeting of the Illinois Valley Archaeological Society. Find out more ...
- Paul Mickey Science Series: Jenkins Lot 2014 Excavations: Digging in Lincoln's Neighborhood
- ISM Research & Collections Center
Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Presented by Dennis Naglich, Research Associate in Anthropology, Illinois State Museum
Last June, archaeologists from the Illinois State Museum excavated an additional 2.5 square meters of area in the northwestern corner of the Jameson Jenkins lot at the Lincoln Home National Historic Site in Springfield. Find out more ...
To confirm dates, please call the appropriate site.