Anthropology Exhibits and Events
- Anthropology Exhibit
- These case exhibits focus on archaeological and ethnographic topics and artifacts such as Native American pottery, basketry, weavings, weapons, and tools. Find out more ...
- Eveland Village
- The Museum Grounds - 230 acres that include a scenic picnic area and playground, and the Eveland Village, where the excavated remains of three early Indian buildings are preserved for viewing. Find out more ...
- People of the Valley
- People of the Valley portrays a sequence of cultures -- from Ice-Age hunters to the tribal groups that left Illinois in the 19th century -- through artifacts, murals, photographs, and exciting hands-on exhibits. Find out more ...
- Peoples of the Past
- Life-sized dioramas and finely crafted artifacts bring to life Illinois' rich Native American heritage. Find out more ...
- Reflections on Three Worlds
- Reflections on Three Worlds reveals the world of Mississippian people whose 800-year-old sites surround the museum today. The exhibits depict the complex life and culture of these people, trace in detail the evidence of archaeology, and lead to a spectacular multimedia event that takes one through a kaleidoscope of sights, sounds, symbols, music and voices of the three worlds of Mississippian belief.rn Find out more ...
- The Mary Ann MacLean Play Museum
- The Play Museum is a free children's area at the Illinois State Museum-Springfield. Hours are Monday-Saturday (9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) and Sunday (1:00 to 5:00 p.m.). Find out more ...
- The River Valley Gallery
- The River Valley Gallery explores the character of the Illinois River and traces the interaction between the river and the people who lived along it from the end of the Ice Age to the present day. Find out more ...
Please note that event dates are subject to change.
- Research & Collections Center Behind-the-Scenes Tour
- ISM Research & Collections Center
Saturday, July 30, 2016, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Illinois State Museum Research & Collections Center is home to the Museum's collection of about 14 million objects. Find out more ...
Fee: Free with advanced registration.
To confirm dates, please call the appropriate site.